Friday, May 1, 2009

05/01/2009

Yesterday, 4/30/09, I fell down again. I was rushing to get onto the sidewalk at Park Road Shopping Center and I tripped over a water main handle where I guess someone had pulled the lid up and forgotten to put the handle back down flush with the sidewalk. I gathered a crowd around me as I was stunned at first. Don was parking the car and I didn't know if he had seen me fall. After a couple of minutes, I realized that all that hurt was my right elbow where I had skinned it up pretty much. I saw Don coming toward me as fast as he could and I shouted out that I had NOT hit my head. I was so grateful to have only a skinned elbow. My glasses were jarred askew on my face and my left hand had a little spot right in the palm where the skin had been laid back. Lots of people gathered round trying to help me out and I was too stunned at first to answer their questions but soon was able to tell that my biggest injury was my skinned elbow. Anyway, after resting on a bench for a few minutes, a lady came out of a nearby store with a wet cloth to help me clean up and then Don and I went toward a plant store behind Blackhawk Hardware. I browsed there a bit while Don picked up several spaghetti specials from Charlotte Cafe. Then, he came around and picked me up to take me home. Isabel wanted to talk when I went down to pick up the mail and I am afraid I scared Don again by not answering the phone when he called. Of course, the timing of his call would be while I was talking to a neighbor. What a day, but little harm done I think. At least little harm physically. There still might be some damage to mine and Don's psyches.

Today was doctor's appointments all morning - regular annual physical type stuff that took a little long in waiting time but is over now. I had the doctor look at my arm and she thinks regular Neosporin will do the trick from here.

Then Don worked on my pc which has been acting up a little lately. We think we have it going right now so I am using it normally to see what happens next.

On a way-more fun note, Don and I went to a Rams Club event earlier this week where Sylvia Hatchell, the women's basketball coach, Woody Durham, Roy Williams and Butch Davis (the football coach) spoke. Roy Williams was hilarious with some of his stories and someone even asked how he got talked into the guitar playing in his underwear ad. He said he agreed to spend one morning on making the ad after he found our Coach K and one other coach had also agreed to it. I guess you know, each coach was filmed separately and then put together somehow for the ad. Roy Williams was filmed first and the first thing they asked was that he put on briefs. He said no and they tried to convince him. He finally agreed to wear boxer shorts and the ending was to have been someone off camera saying, "Coaches, put on your pants!!" Heidi Klum was to be there also in her underwear and Roy Williams was to say, "We will, but Heidi, you're okay as you are." This did not make it into the ad, but evidently Roy had practiced the line in case. Everyone in the room died laughing as he demonstrated the line - more than once. He also said he has recruited a tall (6'7", I think, and 182 pounds) guy who is skinny, skinny, skinny. He said he often asks players to switch practice teams by changing color of shirt for practice to vary who they play against and what they are able to work on. He says the guys are sometimes so tired they have a hard time getting their new shirts on so Roy shouts out "The head goes in the middle hole, guys." He tried this with the new guy and the shirt fell to around his ankles.

On the way out , Coach Davis was right behind me and Don so Don asked him to allow a picture with me. I have a picture with Coach Davis with his arm around me. Good looking guy too. We really do go to all the home games and then some so I was able to make a little conversation with him. What utter fun!!! And it just made the evening that much greater for me.



Cats are doing really well. Milo now sits in the water that gets on the shower floor. He comes out a little too wet to pet but he doesn't seem to mind a bit. He is very loving to Don lately and even Grayson came out and sat next to Don's chair last night so Don could pet his head. Good going by all my guys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment