Saturday, January 24, 2009

01/24/09 Sat

Today is Saturday and I did not sleep well last night so I got up and wrote notes to Sally, Julie, and Buzzy. Sally's children and Sally herself had sent a whole packet full of thank you notes for Christmas gifts and I am so very impressed with the maturity of Jack and Logan. Their notes are so enthusiastic and sincere that I can't help but brag on them to her. I let Julie know how much I love her Christmas gift, a Snuggie that is so soft and warm I hate leaving it at home. AND of course, I love love love Milo, the red tabby Himalayan that was originally hers. If there was a stronger word of affection, I would use it for this cat who trails me even into the shower. I guess he doesn't want to lose sight of me since I have been away for days at a time 4 times in the last 3 months. I take it that he did not like that much although he was well cared for every time I was away.

Don and I went to the White Water park via the newly opened route there. We walked for 25 or 30 minutes and then eat lunch there. Although it is a mild (temperature wise) day, the waterway was not open as there were few people there and the water was super cold from the temps in the days prior. Lunch was good. I had a classic hamburger and Don had a veggie burger. (They always cook it after you order so it takes a while to get served.) Then we came home and I am listening to Carmina Burana right now as I type. Lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment