Sunday, January 25, 2009

01/25/09 Sun

This entry is mainly for me and my own records so skip it if it is too boring to read about normal and mundane day to day activities. I want it as a record of how I progress through this journey although it is my hope that the journey through recovery will end sooner than later and end up in wellness and sight.

I slept 7 hours from 9:30 p.m. to 4:30 a.m. Pretty good considering the most I could eke out the previous night was 5 hours. It continues to amaze me how tired one can be and how sleepy and yet sleep will not happen without help from Ambien or some other drug. I hope I can return to normal sleep patterns sometime soon and maybe exercise will help in that regard. I am certainly getting more exercise now than I have in months. I listened on tape to the remainder of Numbers and went into the "pc room" to find a bible or reference book that might have a map to see where of all the wandering Israelites encamped. I thought I would do a quick post since I am hoping for a normal Sunday morning of church, Sunday School, and breakfast with our friends after. I do enjoy Sunday mornings so very much as there are so many good friends to speak with and the sermons are something to look forward to. My hat (as is my brain inside) is off to these pastors for the work they must do to prepare for all the church activities that happen throughout the week. It really does take a village of pastors to run a church this size.

Don and I went shopping and got me a new and larger monitor this afternoon. I CAN SEE THE WORDS ON IT!!!!!!!! I am thrilled. Anything for some seeing capability.

Milo continues to be CUTE. (You can see him below and he is even cuter in person than in a picture.) He woke up wanting some admiration this morning and he got it. I think I may have him spoiled just a tad, but it is the way I like him. It is good to make something in the world happy and I think he is fairly happy judging from his behavior. I don't know how healthy it is that he is so attached to me - literally. But I surely do know something in the world loves me dearly. I've spoiled critters before and have not regretted it yet. Milo looks like and acts like he is King of the World and even those meeting him for the first time notice his arrogance. At least, he is maintaining his 9 pound weight and does not seem to be gaining weight. I don't think food means as much to him as it has to other pets I have had. He just wants to one-up my other cat, Grayson - and he usually does unless I intervene on behalf of Gray. I think that is better than to have the 15 pound (not declawed) Gray kill the little 9 pound, declawed runt.

No comments:

Post a Comment