Wednesday, February 4, 2009

02/03/2009 Tue

The day was filled with an eye doctor appointment - a neuro-opthamologist, no less. She was a teenager according to Don but I liked her very much - 5 years out of school so she is a young doctor. She thinks my eyesight will continue to improve but that I am not likely to get back all of my sight. (There are areas of the optic nerve which appear to be dead tissue and my range of vision has large areas where I can see nothing.)



She does think glasses will help me to read again which is a great relief to me. No driving right now, however. I ordered glasses and they should be in in 10 days or so. I really really really want to read the newspaper and magazines that are not large print items. We had a hard time finding a place that took the vision care insurance that I have which made me wonder out loud whether that type of insurance is worth it's cost. I am to go back in 3 months. Since my eyesight may change rapidly for the next 6-9 months, I got the most economical glasses I could buy. I hope I do have to change them out again before the year is out. I would happily pay for another pair if it means my eyesight has changed for the better.



Then Don and I went to eat dinner and ran into my next door neighbor at the restaurant. Don insisted on paying her bill and the restaurant staff thought she had absent mindedly left without paying. Don and I got a kick out of their dilemma before he let them know he had her bill and would be paying it when we left.

Milo still has his own dilemma about how to be in a shower with me without getting himself wet. He always runs away "at first mist" and gives me this look of "You mean thing you." I really wish he would enjoy drenching himself. I would happily give him a bath if he started liking the wet.

UNC beat Maryland handily tonight and I am glad since Don gave tickets to a friend who has never gone to a game in person before and they were sooooooo happy to be given tickets. I am glad our team put on a good show for them. We are planning to go to the Duke-Carolina game when they play in Chapel Hill. I hope we (UNC) win but I bet that could be anybody's game. Which reminds me, there was a Duke Blue Devil hanging on the wall of the eye doctor's examining room and I spotted it in a mirror. I said, Do I honestly see a Duke insignia on the wall. She assured me she was not a Duke person but she has a good dear friend who works there. I told her about Martha working there and about my Senior Minister loving the school, so it isn't ALL bad. She "borrows" the office of another doctor when she goes to the location we were at. Then she said, "Maybe I need to see about getting another room when I come here." Definitely, I would say.

Going to sign off now as I have had 5 hours of sleep tonight before waking up at 3:30. I will try to get another couple of hours before daylight encroaches. Sometimes I think I can sleep better in the daytime than at night.

Regards and love to all who read this - even the Duke fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment